Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Look Back at Lace Day 2018

Well, now that the dust has settled, I can look back at the whirl-wind day that was Lace Day.

First off, I had an absolute blast. The ladies that I have the pleasure of making lace with are just a delight to be around. Despite some of our maturing ages, we easily convert to a bunch of giddy school girls when it comes to making, talking about and showing off our lace.

It was wonderful seeing both old and new faces at the event. I know that many people are hesitate to come to such and event, usually thinking it's just a room of little old ladies gossiping and complaining. But for those brave enough to step through the doors, they found a lively group of various ages and backgrounds laughing, joking and having a grand old time.

Here are some pictures from Lace Day for you to enjoy:

Just a small part of out display area.

Arizona State Fair ribbon winners!

Well, of course I had to show off some of my tatting.

We had a ton of books for sale. And no, I couldn't resist. I bought several.

Oh the handmade lace for sale was just drool-worthy.

The lovely Judy, showing off how she makes her Christmas ornament.

One of Judy's Christmas ornaments.

A pillow with work in progress from one of our other lovely ladies.

Now this is how you travel with your bobbins- in style!

Jean's pillow with her current project. Look at all those bobbins!

A close-up of the bobbin's on Jean's pillow.

Mary's envy- inducing travel pillow.

My own lace pillow. Can you tell I love to color coordinate my pillow?


The beautiful Mary surprised me by gifting me with her remaining stash of Lizbeth size 80 threads. Such a generous woman.

I do hope you enjoyed the pictures. I may post more later if you like.Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment