Saturday, October 13, 2018

Too Much Cluny for Me

For the last couple of weeks in class we have been working on an interesting pattern. One of the more experienced people in our group took up the teacher's challenge in turning a crochet image she found online into a tatting pattern. The piece is stunning. And I greatly admire the work and skill that went into the interpretation.



However, when I saw all those cluny stitches I knew that there was no way on God's green earth that I was going to attempt this project. Don't get me wrong. I know how to do cluny stitches with needle tatting. But that is just too freaking many. One or two in a pattern is fine. But this pattern has over 40!!!!!

Nope. Nada. Ain't happening. In class I wasn't surprised when some of the other students talked about replacing the cluny stitches with beads or alternative stitches. More power to those who love cluny stitches, they are indeed beautiful. They are just not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment