Monday, October 1, 2018

Big Thread Bookmark

I've been making bookmarks lately. I have taken this project as a good opportunity to use up some spools of sample threads that I received in the past from Handy Hands.

This bookmark was done in Lizbeth thread size #3. (I believe the color is Ocean Sunset. Please correct me if I'm wrong.) With such a large thread I finally got a chance to use a larger tatting needle. The piece tatted up rather quickly.



I will admit that I really do like tatting with larger thread. A couple of years back I received a generous gift of ten cones of size #10 cotton crochet threads. No one wanted it, as most tatters prefer size #40. I have enjoyed every minute of tatting with the thread and have even gone out to buy more in various colors.



While the smaller threads make gorgeous work with the tatting looking as if it were made by angels, from time to time I do like the "wow" factor that comes from larger scale pieces. A dainty doily that is normally tatted in size #40 thread, becomes this larger then life show-stopper when tatted in size #10.



So, this bookmark will be added to my ever growing collection. I'll fill you in on why all the bookmarks soon. But for now enjoy the final pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment