Sunday, October 7, 2018

Renulek Revisited

Every year Renulek puts out a new doily for us tatters to drool over and attempt to create. You can follow along week by week or you can purchase the entire PDF file on Etsy to work on at your leisure. Each year I try to work on one of her doilies and each year I end in a epic fail. Somehow I screw up a row and my hopeful 15 row doily turns into a mere 4 row coaster.

Working on this in the car while waiting to pick up the princess from school


This year I decided to try once again. I am currently working on her 2018 Spring doily, which is just stunning. Instead of tatting it in the usual size #40 thread I decided to tat in size #10 crochet cotton. These means that if I succeed in finishing the piece, it will be a massive size doily. So far I've made it to row 6 without any major hiccups, (knock on wood).

So far looking goood


I'm really studying each row before I start, memorizing the stitch counts of every section. I also have a picture of each row downloaded to my phone so I can keep looking back and making sure I'm not screwing up anything.


Our cat Cupcake, always tries to photo bomb my pictures

Have you ever tried any of Renulek's doily patterns before? Which ones? How did it turn out? I would love to see your work. Please share a pic or link to your finished piece in the comments below.

Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment